To be permitted to serve alcohol in the BioPond garden, the following terms must be met:
- A responsible person, 21 years of age or older must dispense alcohol.
- There must be a method of checking the age of persons who are not known to the dispenser. (This method must be specified when submitting the reservation request.)
- No alcohol is to be served to persons under age 21.
- At least 90% of the expected participants at the event must be 21 or over, with the exclusion of small children under their guardian’s care.
- No alcohol may be sold without a liquor license: the University does not hold such a license.
- By submitting the rental agreement form and checking the "alcohol will be served" radio button, the event coordinator and the business administrator take full responsibility for alcohol use at their event. In the case of a violation of the University alcohol policy, and/or State Law, The Biology Department will not be responsible for any resulting penalties, fines, etc.